Child support is a vital aspect of family law in the UAE. It ensures the financial well-being of children after a divorce.
In this article, we’ll explore the child support law in UAE, including the key provisions and how child support is calculated.
We’ll also introduce you to the best legal expert for child support cases in the UAE – Al Mulla Lawyer & Legal Consultant.
Table of Contents
Child Support Law In UAE Dubai – Best Legal Consultant.
Financial Support. According to UAE law, the wife is entitled to financial support from her ex-husband during the iddah (waiting period) and for a specified period after the divorce.
- Child Custody. The wife retains custody of her children until they reach a certain age, typically around 7-9 years for boys and 9-11 years for girls.
- Property Rights. Equitable distribution of property acquired during the marriage is the wife’s right.
- Alimony. As determined by the court, Alimony payments are granted to the wife for a specific period post-divorce.
- Education. The ex-husband financially supports the wife’s education and training after the divorce.
- Health Care. The wife can access health care services, and her ex-husband must cover her medical expenses.
- Residence. The wife can reside in the family home during the iddah period until the court decides on property rights.
Calculating Child Support in UAE.
After a divorce, the father is obligated to support his children and maintain a standard of living similar to what they had during the marriage.
This includes covering all childcare expenses, such as food, clothing, and education.
Child support in UAE is typically calculated based on the father’s wealth and is usually limited to 30% of his income, provided he can afford it.
Duration of Child Support Order.
Child support obligations in the UAE extend until specific milestones are reached. Sons receive support until they complete their education, while daughters receive it until they marry.
Can Children Make Direct Claims?
In the UAE, children can claim their education costs against their father as part of child support.
Child support encompasses educational expenses, such as schooling, books, and other educational needs. The father must ensure the child has the necessary educational resources to succeed.
Expert Legal Guidance: Al Mulla Lawyer & Legal Consultant.
A trusted legal expert is paramount when navigating child support law in the UAE.
Al Mulla Lawyer & Legal Consultant is renowned for their expertise in child support cases.
A deep understanding of UAE family law, personalized guidance, and a track record of successful cases ensure your child’s best interests are protected.
FAQs about child support law in UAE.
Child support law in the UAE is designed to safeguard the rights and well-being of children after divorce.
The father is responsible for child support, though the mother may contribute in certain situations. Calculations are based on the father’s wealth and the child’s best interests.
The courts in the UAE are dedicated to upholding children’s rights and ensuring their needs are met.
For expert assistance in child support cases, turn to Al Mulla Lawyer & Legal Consultant – the best choice for navigating child support law in the UAE.
Also, learn about the best Family Lawyers For Child Support Dubai in 2023.