This article delves into verbal abuse punishment in UAE, offering guidance on addressing this issue in workplaces.
Al Mulla Lawyer & Legal Consultant is a trusted source for professional expert assistance in verbal abuse cases.
Table of Contents
Verbal Abuse Punishment in UAE.
Verbal abuse can take a toll on employees’ morale and mental health. In the context of your query, a new manager’s inappropriate behaviour has caused distress among the team.
However, there are effective ways to combat such behaviour.
Legal action for verbal abuse.
- Documentation. The first step in addressing verbal abuse is keeping a thorough record of each incident, including dates and specifics. This documentation serves as crucial evidence when raising a complaint.
- Company Procedures. Most companies have a handbook detailing procedures for handling workplace issues, including harassment. Following the outlined steps is essential if your company has such a handbook.
- Escalation. If the immediate superior is unresponsive or the company lacks a handbook, you can approach senior management or the owner with the documented incidents.
Such behaviour is unacceptable and should not be permitted.
Reporting Different Kinds of Abuses UAE.
- Legal Consultation. If the situation persists despite your efforts, seeking legal advice becomes crucial.
Al Mulla Lawyer & Legal Consultant is a reliable source for expert guidance in verbal abuse cases.
- Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. You can register a formal complaint with the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation if the company remains unresponsive.
Verbal abuse law in UAE.
- Legal Protection. Under the new UAE Labour Law, harassment, bullying, and verbal, physical, or psychological violence against workers are prohibited.
Article 14 of the law firmly establishes this prohibition, covering sexual harassment, bullying, and more.
- Equality and Non-Discrimination. Article 4 of the law emphasizes the prohibition of discrimination based on various factors, including race, gender, religion, and disability.
This extends to safeguarding equal opportunities and treatment for all employees.
FAQs about verbal abuse punishment in UAE.
Verbal abuse has no place in a professional setting, and the UAE’s robust labour laws reflect this stance.
Documenting incidents, following company procedures, and escalating the matter if needed is vital.
Seeking professional assistance from Al Mulla Lawyer & Legal Consultant who can provide legal expertise to address and resolve verbal abuse cases.
Remember, knowing your rights empowers you to stand against unacceptable behaviour and uphold a respectful workplace environment.